Elder Law and Special Needs Attorneys
Estate planning, and legal services for Seniors and their families
In Need of a Speaker?
Let Us Know
Call today to schedule a free speaking engagement for your organization, church, or group. We speak on a variety of informative legal topics affecting elderly people and the special needs community.
6 FREE SEMINARS
May was Older Americans Month...
and The Elder Law Office of Emma Hemness sponsored 6 seminars/workshops from May 1-22nd for Seniors and Senior Caregivers.
Law Office of Emma Hemness
309 N. Parsons Ave.
Brandon, FL 33510
Brandon, Florida Office
3 blocks north of Hwy. 60 in Brandon, Florida
2011 Awards for Emma Hemness
Elder Law & Special Needs Attorneys
Serving Tampa Bay
Finding correct answers to difficult legal questions is not easy.
It’s more important now, than ever before, to ask an Elder Law Specialist to help you and your loved ones with all your lifetime and legacy planning needs.
We Can Provide Help & Counsel When:
- You’re worried about how to pay for the assisted living or nursing home bills for your spouse (or parent).
- Your mother is forgetting your name or not eating well, and it's not safe for her to live alone. You've thought about selling her home.
- Your loved one, who was severely disabled in an accident, is receiving a settlement that will stop all financial support from the government.
- Your parents have asked you to help with making decisions, but they have no legal documents giving you any authority.
- You strongly suspect that a friend of your father's is stealing his money.
- You and your spouse have not done any estate planning, and you need the 4 core legal documents.
- Your home and property appreciated in recent years and you want to protect your estate from death taxes.
- Your father passed away and there were assets titled in only his name.
- You want to leave an inheritance to your grandchild, but he's disabled.
In The News
The Board of County Commissioners, in a unanimous vote on September 21, 2011, took measures to protect veterans and their spouses which the U.S. Congress has failed to do as yet. See the ABC News story below.
FREE Brochures - Click images to download
|Click on the flyer or brochure images to download a PDF version of our NEW 2013 Medicaid Questions and Answers brochure or the U.S Veterans brochure.|
In the State of Florida, if you die without a will, the State of Florida will write one for you. Don't let the State of Florida choose your beneficiaries. With a will, you can choose who handles your affairs and upon your death, the affairs of your estate will move more quickly.
If there are minor survivors or survivors with special needs, a will can create trust provisions for them. Without a will, the courts will appoint one. In this case, the guardian would have to obtain court approval to deal with any and all expenditures that may arise on behalf of the minor. With a will, the concerns of an immature young adult handling an inheritance. The Law Office of Emma Hemness can create a trust in your will that allows you to dictate how and when an inheritance will be received.
A will gives you peace of mind, allows you to make gifts to a charity, and can protect your children's inheritance from future legal issues that could arise in their lives. A properly drafted will can also help protect government benefits of your beneficiary and preserve Medicaid benefits. Your will can help provide for your surviving spouse and they won't have to give "everything" to the nursing home.
The Law Office of Emma Hemness specializes in helping adults and seniors create a plan and prepares the legal documents that protect your estate (you and your family) in the event of a serious illness, a disaster, or death.
Emma is an Elder Law Attorney serving Tampa and Brandon. She helps clients with:
• Last will and testament
• Affordable will
• Nursing home eligibility
• Nursing home qualification
• Qualified income trust
• Asset protection
• Revocable trust
• Living trust
• Durable power of attorney
• Veteran's benefits
• Planning for Medicaid